Build a Fabulous Cabinet Perfect for Any Room!
I envision this little cabinet as a medicine cabinet in a bathroom… The mirrored storage cabinet plans use off-the-shelf lumber with a mirror adhered to the door. The shelving at the side and bottom give it a modern touch, and it can be finished however you choose. This easy build is the perfect weekend project!
- 1-1/2″ screws
- Piano hinge (cut to approximately 24″)
- 12X18 Beveled edge mirror (<– affiliate link!)
- Mirror adhesive (<– affiliate link!)
- Scrap 1×2 (less than 2′)
- 3 – 1×6 at 8′
- 1 – 2′ x 2′ sheet of 3/4″ plywood
- 2 – 1×6 at 23-3/4″ – Sides
- 2 – 1×6 at 17-1/4″ – Top and Bottom
- 3 – 1×6 at 17-1/4″ – Shelves
- 1 – 1×6 at 22-1/4″ – Divider
- 2 – 1×2 at 10-1/2″ – Hanging Cleats
- 1 – 3/4″ plywood at 12″ x 18″ – Door
Notes About the Project:
- There are hanging cleats inside the top edge and just above the third shelf, both hidden behind the door, to mount the cabinet to a wall. Make sure the mounting screws are going through a wall stud for maximum stability!
- Sand all pieces prior to assembly.
- Finish the cabinet and door before mounting the mirror.
Cut the pieces for the sides, top and bottom. Assemble the cabinet base using glue and countersunk screws.
Cut the pieces for the shelves and cut the notches for the divider using a jigsaw. Secure the shelves to the sides, as shown, using glue and countersunk screws.
Cut the piece for the divider and cut the notches using a jigsaw. Insert the divider in the cabinet base, fitting it with the shelf notches. Secure in place using countersunk screws through the top and bottom into the ends.
Cut the piece for the door. Secure the door to the cabinet base with the piano hinge. The hinge will be located on the left side of the cabinet, with the edge of the door flush with the side of the cabinet.
Cut the pieces for the hanging cleat. Secure the cleat to the cabinet, as shown, using glue and screws. The screws may have to be toe-nailed for clearance.
Finish the cabinet and door as desired.
Adhere the mirror to the door using mirror adhesive.
Hang the cabinet by driving screws through the hanging cleats into a wall stud.
Have questions about the mirrored storage cabinet plans? Leave a comment below!