FREE NEW PLAN – Boho Media Stand Inspired by Urban Outfitters
Sometime this century, we will need a new media stand and I really like the way this knock-off looks! The DIY furniture plans to build a Modern Boho Media Stand feature an upper tray with a lower cabinet and angled legs. The lower cabinet also features a divider with a shelf inside. This stand is an easy to build project that can be completed in a weekend!
- 1-1/2″ screws
- 1-1/4″ brad nails
- Edge Banding (<– affiliate link!)
- 2 sets of hinges
- Magnetic catch (<– affiliate link!)
- Wood glue
- Finishing supplies
- 3 – 1×3 at 8′
- 1 – 2′ x 4′ sheet of 1/4″ plywood
- 1 – 4′ x 8′ sheet of 3/4″ plywood
- 2 – 3/4″ plywood at 15″ x 15″ – Lower Case Sides
- 2 – 3/4″ plywood at 15″ x 31″ – Lower Case Top & Bottom
- 1 – 3/4″ plywood at 13-1/2″ x 14-1/4″ – Lower Case Divider
- 1 – 3/4″ plywood at 14-1/4″ x 15-1/8″ – Lower Case Shelf
- 1 – 1/4″ plywood at 14-1/4″ x 31-3/4″ – Back
- 1 – 3/4″ plywood at 14-1/4″ x 31″ – Upper Tray Bottom
- 1 – 1×3 at 32-1/2″ – Upper Tray Back
- 2 – 1×3 at 14-1/4″ – Upper Tray Sides
- 2 – 1×3 at 31″ – Rear Legs
- 2 – 1×3 at 32-9/16″ – Angled Legs
- 2 – 3/4″ plywood at 13-1/4″ x 15-5/16″ – Doors
Notes About the Project:
Edge banding will be applied to the exposed edges of the plywood prior to assembly.
Cut the pieces for the lower case sides, top and bottom. Mark the position of the screws on the upper and lower edges of the sides, and pre-drill the holes. Assemble the case using glue and 1-1/2″ screws.
Cut the pieces for the divider and the shelf. Pre-drill holes in the divider for the shelf and secure the shelf to the divider using glue and 1-1/2″ screws. Insert the divider assembly into the case with the back edges flush (they will sit 3/4″ back from the front edge to allow for the doors). Pre-drill the holes in the top, bottom and side for the assembly then secure in place using glue and 1-1/2″ screws.
Cut the piece for the lower cabinet back. Secure in place using glue and 1-1/4″ brad nails.
Cut the pieces for the upper tray. Cut the angles in the side pieces as shown in the drawing. Mark the position for the screws, then secure the side pieces to the side edges of the upper tray bottom using glue and 1-1/2″ screws.
Mark the position for the screws on the upper tray back piece the secure the back piece to the back edge of the upper tray bottom and sides using glue and 1-1/2″ screws.
Cut the piece for the legs as shown in the drawing. The easiest way to start is to draw all of the lines for the cuts on the boards, making an X in the sections to be removed, then make the cuts with a jigsaw. Secure the legs to the upper tray and lower case as shown using glue and 1-1/2″ screws.
Cut the pieces for the doors and cut the notches using a jigsaw. Install the hinges on the doors, then install the doors in the cabinet. There will be a 1/8″ gap around all sides of the doors in the opening, as well as in between them.
Finish the stand as desired.
Have questions about the DIY furniture plans to build a Modern Boho Media Stand? Leave a comment below!
Here are a Couple of Other Modern Projects to Build:
Originally posted 2019-02-24 08:00:14.