Need a new coffee table for your holiday entertaining? This one should fit the bill! Quick and easy, measuring 36″ x 36″ with plenty of room for entertaining plus storage!
- 1-1/4″ pocket hole screws
- 1-1/4″ brad nails or 1-1/4″ screws
- One Sheet of 3/4″ plywood
- 1 – 2×2 at 8′
- 4 – 1×2 at 6′
- 4 – 2×2 at 17-1/4″ – Legs
- 8 – 1×2 at 33″ – Stretchers
- 2 – 3/4″ plywood at 36″ x 36″ – Shelf & Top
Click on the drawing to enlarge them!
1. Cut the pieces for the legs and the aprons. Drill pocket holes in each end of the aprons. Attach four of the stretchers to the legs to act as supports for the shelf. Secure with glue and 1-1/4″ pocket hole screws.
2. Cut the pieces for the shelf and the top. Use a jigsaw to cut a notch at each corner of one of the pieces for the shelf. Attach to the stretchers using glue and 1-1/4″ brad nails or countersunk 1-1/4″ screws.
3. Attach the remaining stretcher pieces using glue and 1-1/4″ pocket hole screws.
4. Attach the top using glue and 1-1/4″ brad nails or countersunk 1-1/4″ screws.
Finish as desired!
If you have completed a project using my plans, let me feature your hard work on DbSC! Send me an email at designsbystudioc [at] gmail [dot] com!
Until next time,