Free Plans to Build a Crate and Barrel Inspired Brey Bookcase
This is a very easy build with minimal materials and it will be completed in no time!
- 1-1/2″ pocket hole screws
- 1-1/4″ brad nails
- Five pieces of 3/8″ Plexiglas or acrylic measuring 14-1/2″ x 28″
- Finishing supplies
- 4 – 1×2 at 8′
- 4 – 2×2 at 8′
- One sheet of 1/4″ plywood
- 4 – 1×2 at 76-1/4″ – Legs
- 10 – 2×2 at 14-1/2″ – Side Stretchers
- 10 – 2×2 at 27″ – Front & Back Stretchers
- 1 – 1/4″ plywood at 27-3/4″ x 74″ – Back
Click on the drawings to enlarge them!
1. Cut the pieces for the legs and the stretchers. Drill pocket holes in each end of each piece. Using a router with a 1/2″ rabbeting bit, cut a rabbet (3/8″ deep) in the top edge of each stretcher piece. The rabbets will hold the plexiglas shelves in place. Position the stretchers as shown, then attach in place using glue and 1-1/2″ pocket hole screws.
2. Cut the piece for the back. Attach to the back of the bookshelf using glue and 1-1/4″ brad nails.
Finish as desired!
If you’ve built anything using my plans, please share photos! I would love to feature your hard work on DbSC! Send me an email at designsbystudioc [at] gmail [dot] com!
Until next time,