Here are plans to build a bookcase… Hope you enjoy them!
- Four – 21/32″ x 16″ x 72″ – Paint Grade Pine Panels
- Two – 1x3x8′ – Pine Boards
- One sheet of 1/4″ Plywood
- Two sets of 14″ drawer slides
- Two drawer pulls or knobs
- Optional wallpaper for back
- Kreg jig with 1-1/4″ pocket holes OR Brad nailer with 1-1/4″ brad nails
- Wood glue
- Finishing Supplies
- Two – 16″ x 72″ for the Sides
- Five – 5-1/4″ x 16-3/4″ for the Smaller Shelves
- Five – 16″ x 16-3/4″ for the Larger Shelves
- One – 5-1/4″ x 16-3/4″ for the Kick Plate
- Two – 5-1/4″ x 16-1/4″ – Drawer Fronts
- Four – 1×3 at 12-1/2″ – Drawer Boxes
- Four – 1×3 at 15-3/4″ – Drawer Boxes
- One – 1/4″ x 18″ x 72″ – Back
Click on the pictures to enlarge them!
Draw placement lines on two of the panels for the shelves. Cut the pieces for the shelves, drawer fronts, kick plate, and drawer boxes.
Attach the shelves to the sides using glue and 1-1/4″ brad nails.
Attach the kick plate to the front under the lower shelf.
Cut the back piece and cover with wallpaper, if desired, or paint then attach to the back of the bookcase with 1-1/4″ brad nails.
Build the drawer boxes and attach the 1/4″ material to the bottom. Attach the drawer slide hardware to the drawers and cabinet (for a tutorial, see the post HERE). Install the drawers and make any necessary adjustments.
Install the drawer fronts (for another tutorial, see HERE) and attach the drawer hardware.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Until next time,
** Please note – these plans are designed and created by me. They are not to be sold without express written consent from me. They can be shared on any site as long as they are credited back to me!